The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 18, 2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Beretta686

M1S upper on "Bushmaster" upper? [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?

I just got a 10.5 inch upper from FTF Industries, that they sold to me as a Bushmaster upper. However, when looking at the barrel, I see M1S (i.e. Model 1 Sales) listed on it.

I've owned tons of M1S stuff and it's worked great, but I got the Bushmaster upper since it would be a chrome lined barrel, but with M1S that isn't always the case.

Does Bushmaster normally make their own barrels, or is someone trying to pull the wool over me here?

Thanks.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old August 18, 2008, 09:51 PM   #2
MMcfpd

What markings are on the barrel?
Old August 18, 2008, 10:38 PM   #3
bedlamite

Quote:
What markings are on the barrel?
Quote:
when looking at the barrel, I see M1S (i.e. Model 1 Sales) listed on it

I'd give them a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? call.
Old August 21, 2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Beretta686

Here's the response I got from FTF. I'm not exactly thrilled with the upper being a "Frankenstein" upper, but I do have to admit their customer service is good, since they offered a full refund & to pick up the tab of returning it.

Quote:
The upper from that order is a standard chrome moly barreled upper(detailed description below) ..We build our uppers using ER Shaw barrels for the chrome moly barreled uppers and Wilson Arms barrels for our uppers with chrome lined barrels ..We build on Bushmaster upper receivers..We are partnered with M1 Sales to buy barrels from these mfgs and since they are a much larger volume buyer from both they get their stamp on the barrel which is fine for us but those are the actual 2 manufacturers of each type barrel. We don't use Bushmaster barells but do build on the upper an d that is probably where the confusion is here ..The "Bushmaster brand" barrel would cost almost as much for the barrel as we sell the entire upper assembly for. We will be glad to hep you out here if that is not what you were looking for just use the following RMA instruction to return for refund.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old August 21, 2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Jason280

Now, the question is, did they market the upper as a complete Bushmaster? If not, did they divulge in the advertising what components they used?

I checked the website, and it does seem a little misleading. Do you have the option of returning it?
Old August 21, 2008, 03:18 PM   #6
RockyMtnTactical

You got screwed, contact them.

I would be especially mad, all of the Model 1 stuff I have experience with SUCKED!