The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 26, 2005, 04:10 AM   #1
Windlord0

zigana pistol?

Well I was just browsing around and I came across a Zigana pistol. I found it here:
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg161-e.htm

I thought the T model looked like one attractive piece, but I couldn't find any other info on them, or at least nothing in english. Can someone here inform me about this gun. Thanks in advance.
Old June 26, 2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Sturmgewehr-58

Well, your link provides pretty much all of the information you need : "These pistols are in limited use by several security companies in Turkey, as well as by some Turkish military units."

In english, that means: "Good luck ever finding one."
Old June 27, 2005, 03:00 AM   #3
max popenker

Well, as far as i know there are few importers that bring the Turkish long guns into USA.
At least, stoeger does import their Model 2000 semi-auto shotgun from there; so why not to ask them (or someone else who already deals with Turks) to import these pistols? I believe these won'be too expensive, and assuming from quality of their long guns (i own a Stoeger 2000 shottie myself ) these must be not too bad at all.
Old June 27, 2005, 08:15 AM   #4
Davis

Interorinance is importing the Sarlsilmaz-Tanfoglio CZ-75 copies.

Davis
Old December 11, 2007, 09:04 PM   #5
1SOW

Tisas Zigana F, T, K, C45

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/english/...ort_siyahbeyaz
I think this is the site where you can get info. Theres a pdf file that takes you from manufacture, testing and refences.
I found a Turkish site that listed all of them less than $300 U.S. The 45 is listed stateside at $399 on line.
The T model and the Sport the same but the Sport has the slots (that will be tough to clean), and I believe its DA.
I REALLY like the looks of "New" Semi-Auto F model If you find a price or stateside site let us know.
Old December 11, 2007, 09:23 PM   #6
Adrian

I believe someone affiliated with Zigana posted a contact address for questions about US imports in an earlier thread.

You may want to check it out.
Old February 12, 2009, 12:37 AM   #7
INGunGuy

WOW talk about bringing back an old thread

Well, I just purchased a Zigana K 9mm pistol today. I really like it. it is imported by PW Arms in Redmond, WA I thought the $289 pricetag was a good value.

INGunGuy
Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.
Old February 12, 2009, 05:25 AM   #8
LUPUS

The Zigana pistols are based on the mechanics of the venerable Walther P88 C pistol. Their full size models are a little bit bulky for daily carry or use, but they are pretty robust, reliable and accurate pistols especially for the range use, with considerable level of workmanship, fit and finish for the price. The triggers may be a little gritty at the beginning, but just plain shooting them is the best trigger job for them.

Last edited by LUPUS; February 12, 2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old February 13, 2009, 12:18 AM   #9
INGunGuy

I have not had an opportunity to fire it yet, but I will on Saturday and report back on how it shoots.

INGunGuy
Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.
Old February 13, 2009, 06:41 AM   #10
sawrecker

looks like a well built pistol, I would like to hear your review after the range.
The rest of us can count on bein' free."Merle Hagard"
Old February 17, 2009, 10:21 AM   #11
INGunGuy

Went to the range on Sunday, fired my new Zigana. I have to tell you this, it is a really nice gun. The gun performed flawlessly. I was shooting targets at 15 and 25 yards and I was able to shoot 3" groups. For shooting steel, it was even better. I enjoyed firing the gun, and really look forward to shooting it again.

INGunGuy
Old March 12, 2009, 10:19 AM   #12
INGunGuy

I have had the pistol out to the range and put about 1000 rounds thru it. I have to say that it is one of the nicer 9mm pistols I have fired. Shooting steel is GREAT. I love the fit and finish. I enjoy how it feels in my hand, and shoots dead on. The only problem I am having is to find some spare mags for it.

INGunGuy
Old March 12, 2009, 08:35 PM   #13
joegator

I was at a local dealer today and they had the K model on the shelf. It felt good and appeared to have a good fit and finish for the money. The guy at the shop gave one a range session and gave it a very favorable review. If you can get one for $300 it would be worth taking a chance on. The one I saw was around $400 which exceeds my what have I got to loose price range.

It will be interesting to see if these things catch on. Parts, mags, and customer service are still an unknown factor at this point.
Old March 12, 2009, 09:10 PM   #14
PSP

There is a local gun show this weekend and this is one of the guns I want to fondle and inspect. All of the reports I've read have indicated these are well made. If the price is right I may take a chance.
Old March 12, 2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Sgt Pepper

Not to hijack the thread, but look....ist der WaltherGlock!

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg219-e.htm
Old March 13, 2009, 10:32 AM   #16
LUPUS

CD plans to imported those pistols to US.

http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/showthread.php?t=980

They are a little bit different then the Glock and the P99. The frame rails are not molded in to the frame. The rails are the part of the front locking block and the rear sear housing. The firing mechanism resembles the Glock's Safe Action, but the trigger bar does not work as a sear at the same time and the pistol has a seperate sear as the XDs. Take down lever resembles the P99, but the locking piece is exactly the same as the Glock. As I know the magazines are not interchangeable with the Glock mags nor the P99 mags. CD claims that the sights will be Novak style in the near future.

Last edited by LUPUS; March 14, 2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old March 14, 2009, 02:45 PM   #17
Sgt Pepper

I wasn't really talking about composition or mechanics, but commenting more on the look of the gun. Thanks for the info, though. Pretty interesting stuff.
Old March 25, 2009, 09:47 PM   #18
StephenT

INGunGuy,

I'm intrigued by this gun and am tempted to get one. A few guys on gunbroker are selling them for $350-400. Where you were able to find one for $289? Do any of the large wholesalers (Aim, SOG, CDNN) carry them?
Old April 3, 2009, 09:58 AM   #19
kaejr

I bought one of these pistols this past weekend at a gun show that came to town and I absolutely love it. I went looking for a 24/7 or possibly a glock 21 but when I came across this gun I found myself stuck on it right off the bat. The gun feels very solid in your hand and the sights line up very well. The seller had the firearm lying beside a P95 Ruger and I noticed the resemblances of the two right off the bat from the mags, down to the decocker feature that this weapon uses, with the external hammer.
I am on the way to the range now and I can't wait to fire this weapon, I would definitely recommend that anyone that is curious about purchasing one should go ahead and pull the trigger on the deal, I doubt that you will be disappointed. I paid $349 (plus tax, and processing) for the weapon brand new in box with 2-15 round mags. That was the average price that I have found, there were about 4 wholesalers there and they all ranged from $349-to $389. I was told that the firearms are being imported by different people because one place would have the pistol coming in a cardboard box and others were coming in plastic carrying cases. Mine does have the Redford,Wa stamp that the other guys are referring to so Im guessing that they are the main importer and the other guys are buying from that company. The only downfall that I see so far is the fact that I have not been able to find extra magazines, so the 2 that come with the weapon will have to suffice until extra mags become available.
Old April 3, 2009, 10:23 AM   #20
Shadi Khalil

Quote:
Well, your link provides pretty much all of the information you need : "These pistols are in limited use by several security companies in Turkey, as well as by some Turkish military units."

In english, that means: "Good luck ever finding one."

They are more available than you think. We used to get a guy from Zigana posting on here...
Old April 7, 2009, 08:02 AM   #21
RDak

They look like pretty well built guns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slLtsFAdLCw
Old September 4, 2009, 09:43 PM   #22
cobragirl

I've been looking at these guns for MONTHS now and have pretty much finally decided to buy one after a whole lot of research. Does ANYONE know where I can get one? I'm specifically looking for the Zigana SPORT with the comfy rubber looking grips (seen in the pics above). Silver or black, doesn't matter, I'm just trying to FIND one that's actually for sale. I've seen the ones on gunbroker being sold by ATI (they call it a CS9) but it's not the same as the black gun pictured above. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 5, 2009, 12:45 AM   #23
bdb benzino

I had an American Tactical Imports HP9 about six months ago. It was accurate and reliable, in the 350 rounds I put in it there were 0 malfunctions of any kind. Although I had a trigger problem and had to send it to ATI. The whole trip only took 10 days and they gave me mag's and a t-shirt and a hat, top notch service hand down!!
In the end I just didnt like and could not get over the trigger. Too bad cause it had alot of potential. I might consider another one if the trigger was better and it was inexpensive.
Old September 5, 2009, 08:52 AM   #24
cobragirl

Yeah I saw one of those on gunbroker recently, glad you liked it for the most part. Generally speaking, all I've read on these guns is positive. I just haven't been able to find the specific one LUPUS posted pictures of in this thread earlier this year (it's the Zigana SPORT, 6 ports on each side, rubber grips)... is he in the states? Also if you guys can think of anywhere I could try looking, etc. please let me know! Thanks!!!
Old September 5, 2009, 03:54 PM   #25
bdb benzino

I know of a store in OR that had the ported model, if you like I could call and see if it still there. If you were to get it you would have to hassel with shipping though.