The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 19, 2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Yankee Doodle

What a Gentleman.

Hi to all.
I just had a unique experience with a supplier. I had ordered a square bottom pocket holster for my 642 from Mika's Pocket Holsters. Received the package today, to discover that he had shipped the round bottom holster in error. I called him on the phone, and got his voice mail. I left a message explaining the problem, and my phone number.
Within 1/2 hour, he called back and I explained the problem directly to him.
He told me that I now have a round bottom holster at no charge, and he will ship out the correct holster within the next couple of days. This is way above anything a customer should expect. He has all my future holster business, forever.
You have got to give this man a try. Great product, great prices, and a great man to do business with.
Old March 19, 2007, 12:52 PM   #2
workingstiff

Compare Round & Square

Absolutely love these pocket holster's for my P3AT and 642. I have the square bottom designs and have been thinking about ordering the round bottom versions. I think they might add additional versatility with different types of pants/shorts.

Yankee, as you will soon be the owner of both versions for your 642, would you mind posting a comparison once you've had a chance try them out?

As an echo to a positive service experience, I thought he was great. Emailed order confirmation with estimated ship date, everything delivered as promised and on time.

Where else can you get a holster thats hand written on the inside as made for especially for you and autographed by the craftsman for such a reasonable price?
Old March 19, 2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Yankee Doodle

When I spoke to him on the phone, he said that the round bottom is best in jeans, and the square bottom is for regular trousers. I guess he should know what to use. I now have a round botttom, and always use it with jeans. I ordered the other to use with dress pants. If there is a problem, I will post and let you know. After speaking to Mr. Mika, I don't expect there to be any problem at all.
Old March 19, 2007, 03:32 PM   #4
rb4browns

I got mine in this weekend for my 642 and it is really cool. looks like i have a wallet in my front pocket and works with both my dress slacks and khakis. i also found him to be very easy to deal with. The price ($20 shipped) also is nice.
Old March 19, 2007, 08:36 PM   #5
inkie

mikas holster

Been using the round bottom pocket holster for jeans, regular pants, jacket, etc. Only holster that I found to release a hammered gun everytime you draw without snagging on linings. And your right! Its nice to have it autographed.
Old March 19, 2007, 10:47 PM   #6
mgdavis

It sounds like his actions have potentially more than made up for the cost of one free holster. Good for him, this is the best kind of advertising.
Old March 20, 2007, 06:13 AM   #7
kristop64089

what is his website?
Old March 20, 2007, 09:29 AM   #8
Mister_Dinky

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
Old March 20, 2007, 10:13 AM   #9
Breakdaddy

You just sent some business his way, I ordered a pocket holster and extra mag holder for my Bersa Thunder .380cc. Sounds like a great guy to do business with!
Old March 20, 2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Michigunner

He is terrific. Absolutely top notch.

His products are most highly recommended.

Bill
Old March 20, 2007, 02:40 PM   #11
skeeter1

I don't have any of his products yet, but I bookmarked the website. I value excellent customer service more than I do price. Sounds to me like he's a winner.
Old March 21, 2007, 10:06 AM   #12
orionengnr

Thank you for the write-up.

I've heard his name and seen links to his products. I've been pretty happy with my DeSantis Nemesis, but with Customer Service like this, I have to add another holster to my collection.

I'll be ordering one soon. Now, round or square????? Decisions, decisions...
Old March 21, 2007, 10:24 AM   #13
omaha64

I am going to order a couple of holsters from this guy. Sounds like a winner.
Old March 23, 2007, 03:04 PM   #14
Matt Sutton

Here's a link to a podcast interview with Mr. Mika. It's number 16 in the list, and his interview starts at about 16 minutes into the file.

http://www.podcastpickle.com/casts/11198/

Great product, great guy.
Old March 24, 2007, 03:20 AM   #15
saspic

Another great experience here. I had already bought about 3 pocket holsters from him (they're quite affordable) when I ordered another for my Kahr PM9.
It bothered me that the back of the trigger guard, the area behind the trigger was exposed. I've since learned that some people like their holsters this way, but since it bugged me he sent me a free one that completely covered the trigger area, free of charge.
Class act all the way.