The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 6, 2008, 01:18 AM   #1
BanditSRT8

MY Glock Premier Gold TALO Limited Edition

REALLY terrible pics. This is the hardest pistol on earth to photograph, it really is. Reflective like a mirror, but black... throws you waaaay off.

I'm not happy with the pics because they really do not do the pistol justice, it is a stunner in person.

Old February 6, 2008, 01:19 AM   #2
BanditSRT8

Old February 6, 2008, 01:20 AM   #3
BanditSRT8

Some side by sides with a regular G19:

Old February 6, 2008, 01:23 AM   #4
Playboypenguin

That sure is a fancy piece of tupperware.
Old February 6, 2008, 01:26 AM   #5
BanditSRT8

If someone would have told me ten years ago (when I was really buying a LOT of Glocks) that I would someday spend $700 on one, I would have not believed it.

It really spoke to me from inside the dealer's case. It is stunning, I only wish my pics could pull out how gorgeous it really is.

Plus hell... it's a G19, how much better of a carry piece could you ask for right?
Old February 6, 2008, 01:32 AM   #6
chris in va

Very, very nice. And I'm not particularly fond of Glocks either. That gold Glock symbol really pops.
Old February 6, 2008, 02:20 AM   #7
ornithoid

Dolling up a Glock isn't my particular thing -- I prefer them no-nonsense -- but this one still does look pretty sharp. And don't knock the pictures, I think they look pretty cool, and are well-shot.
Old February 6, 2008, 02:26 AM   #8
DonR101395

I'm glad you enjoy it, but honestly I don't see $300 in performance upgrades. It seems to be all cosmetics.
Before I get hit with Glock bashing I own 7 and I'm a Glock armorer.
Old February 6, 2008, 08:52 AM   #9
Officer's Match

I'd like to see a 35 done up like that. It really does look nice.
Old February 6, 2008, 11:33 AM   #10
BanditSRT8

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonR101395
I'm glad you enjoy it, but honestly I don't see $300 in performance upgrades. It seems to be all cosmetics.
Exactly, they are only cosmetic. Not sure why you expected performance upgrades at all.

To do what has been done on these, it would cost you about the same on your gun, and it is a limited edition that might possibly hold a slightly better value in the future (not that I really care about that too much).
Old February 6, 2008, 12:52 PM   #11
ShooterMcGavin

Gorgeous I want one of these to go alongside my 29 and 36
Old February 6, 2008, 01:42 PM   #12
SKM&P9

So Bandit, will it ever be shot, or just sit in the safe ??
Old February 6, 2008, 01:48 PM   #13
BanditSRT8

I buy cars to drive 'em, and guns to shoot 'em!

This will actually be a carry piece alongside my HK P30.

I'll be going down Friday to the range to throw a hundred or so rounds through it actually.
Old February 6, 2008, 01:52 PM   #14
DonR101395

Quote:
Exactly, they are only cosmetic. Not sure why you expected performance upgrades at all.
Wasn't trying to start a pissing contest with you. If you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters.
To answer your question, if I'm paying an extra $300 for a Glock it better have something to give it better performance. There are collector guns out there, but Glock isn't one of them IMHO. They are workhorses.

Quote:
To do what has been done on these, it would cost you about the same on your gun, and it is a limited edition that might possibly hold a slightly better value in the future (not that I really care about that too much).
Nope, it wouldn't be done to one of my guns, they get used too hard to pretty up.

Honestly though, I do like how it looks, it's just not for me.
Old February 6, 2008, 01:57 PM   #15
CGSteve8718

I agree with DonR. I've said in your other thread as well. I'm not a Glock basher, I like Glocks, I CCW one, but I don't see the justification for extra couple hundred for a nice finish on the slide.

So yes, it IS a nice finish, but ?

Some might say my view may be a bit hypocritical, as I like nice finished wood furniture on an AK rifle...
Old February 6, 2008, 02:02 PM   #16
Playboypenguin

Quote:
I agree with DonR. I've said in your other thread as well. I'm not a Glock basher, I like Glocks, I CCW one, but I don't see the justification for extra couple hundred for a nice finish on the slide.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a firearm that looks good as well as functions well. People buy shiny cars, nice clothes, etc...how is that any different.
Old February 6, 2008, 04:48 PM   #17
CGSteve8718

I know there isn't anything wrong with it PBP. I guess maybe there's a slight difference between a gun that was pretty much specifically made pretty than to make a generally non pretty gun kind of pretty?
Old February 6, 2008, 05:43 PM   #18
BanditSRT8

Well the good thing is that there are a lot of great choices out there for everyone. This one spoke to me. so i had to own it.

I have sent a few Glocks to Aro Tek for customization, and one of them was simply for cosmetic appeal... it cost me a lot more than the $200 difference this TALO did.

It's unique, I know of no other high polish black finish available on a Glock, and in the right light it picks up almost a rainbow hue... very nicely done.

I have a standard 19 as evidenced in the pictures, so that'll be kind of my beater Glock, and this is a great carry piece and showpiece. Not often can you call any Glock a showpiece!
Old February 6, 2008, 06:04 PM   #19
W.E.G.

Glocks should be heard, but not seen.
Old February 21, 2008, 11:29 PM   #20
wyocarp

I liked the limited edition G19 so well I just got my second one today. I like buying guns in pairs. Just a habbit.

Playboypenguin, you should be careful, you almost sounded like you were defending the purchase of a Glock.
Quote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a firearm that looks good as well as functions well. People buy shiny cars, nice clothes, etc...how is that any different.
Old February 22, 2008, 12:46 AM   #21
Dave85

Quote:
It is stunning, I only wish my pics could pull out how gorgeous it really is.
Somebody's fishing for a compliment...well here you go: great pics; nice gun.
Old February 22, 2008, 03:33 AM   #22
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Playboypenguin, you should be careful, you almost sounded like you were defending the purchase of a Glock.
I have absolutely nothing against Glock pistols. I think they are tried and true firearms and would never tell someone that bought one that they did not buy a great gun. I do hate Glock-o-philes and if he had come in telling us how Glock was the greatest gun ever I would have been all over him.
Old February 22, 2008, 10:34 AM   #23
Alleykat

$700 for a $400 pistol, and it still has those cheapass, flimsy, plastic sights! What irony!
Old February 22, 2008, 10:46 AM   #24
azredhawk44

So what's the story behind the pentagon symbol on the barrel? Is that the official Illuminati handgun, or is this a replica of the Glock given to several heads of state of various countries back in the early nineties? Perhaps a copy of the one that Bush supposedly took from Saddam Hussein's personal weapons stash?

Why is it called a TALO?
Old February 22, 2008, 11:03 AM   #25
dawgfvr

Very nice...never thought I'd say that about a Glock. I think it is quite purrrrdy myself. Hell, life is too short to have an ugly gun. Nice job and besides, it's only money.

Might I hijack this thread just one moment? What exactly would one do to mechanically upgrade/improve a Glock right out of the Box? I'm not talking about cosmetics...but actual improvements to functioning and better ergonomics? Just curious.