The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 18, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1
sds

Thanks S&W Customer Service

After 10 years and who knows how many rounds, my Sigma 9V needed some factory work done, so I called customer service and explained the problem (the trigger would "stick" at the end of the pull. Not something I wanted to work on myself). The rep said he would send out a shipping label, no questions asked, and I was on the phone for maybe a total of 2-3 minutes.

In about 5 days, the shipping label arrived, I packed up the gun and brought it to the local UPS service center, and off to Massachusetts it went.

Exactly one week later the pistol arrived back home with a new sear housing assembly and the trigger pull adjusted. Haven't been able to take it out to the range yet but a few dry fires makes me think all is OK.

Just wanted to share this experience as I am very happy with S&W service....I know things like this factor into future purchases and S&W is looking pretty good to me right now. Thanks for letting me post this.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Webleymkv

That type of excellent service is the norm with S&W. They once repaired the decocker of my 1076 free of charge even though the gun had been out of production for 10 years and bought used.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
longcoldwinter

S&W service is great, sent my 22A in to fix some light firing pin strikes, they paid for shipping both ways and had it back inside of 2 weeks. Gun works great. All this for for a $217 dollar gun.

I am happen to pay a little more for good customer service
Old June 18, 2008, 11:30 PM   #4
billdeserthills

I had no idea that S&W was so good about making good on their products!
Old June 19, 2008, 07:54 AM   #5
delzo

When I cracked the frame of an old model 38 revolver, I called customer service and explained the problem. The tech said it was a common issue with some of the air-weights made in the 60s and he'd see if they could find me a new frame and transfer the serial numbers.

SEVEN DAYS later I received a brand new model 638.

Smith & Wesson is my favorite folks! And that is the reason I just bought an M&P 15 rifle.