The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 19, 2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Visaman

You know you are a reloading addict-

You know you are a reloading addict - when .... you steal the wife's Gladware - because you need extra capacity for brass!

You know you are a reloading addict - when .... you steal the pepper shaker - to substitute for the powder trickler you mislaid.

You know you are a reloading addict - when .... you are just not sure which powder to use for load ''X'' - because you have accumulated way too many types.

You know you are a reloading addict - when .... you have gunpowder in your computer keyboard.

You know you are a reloading addict - when ... you order a 300 GRAINS hamburger

You know you are a reloading addict - when ... you can tell the different brands of gunpowder by smell and color.

You know you are a reloading addict - when ... you wife ask who the hel** that Norma that you constantly mentions while sleeptalking is..

You know you are a reloading addict - when ... Your kids knows how to reload before they can read or write..

You know you are a reloading addict - when.. you are going to have a dip and take a bit of Vihta N130 instead of dipping tobacco by mistake..
Old April 19, 2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Dingoboyx

You know you are a reloading addict- when.... you walk thru carparks eyeing up other peoples wheel weights

..... when you take your car to the mechanic and ask for it to be chrono'ed (instead of dyno'ed)

Old April 19, 2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Dragon55

You know you are a reloading addict when... You can't wait to get to the range to empty your brass and steal everybody else's
Old April 19, 2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Lunicy

You know you are a reloading addict when---

You have 50,000 .45ACP cases at home but with trudge through ankle deep mud to get the one that you just shot.
Old April 19, 2009, 10:09 AM   #5
RamSlammer

When . . .

Your laptop sets off the bomb sniffer while going through airport security. (For 1 of the 2 hours I was delayed I thought they were going to take it apart!)
Old April 19, 2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Lunicy

That is too good.
Old April 19, 2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Lunicy

you can spot a piece of brass at 100 yds, and know the caliber, and sometimes the maker.
Old April 19, 2009, 10:23 AM   #8
10 Spot Terminator

You know you're a reloading addict when,,,

You get some brass in a trade for a gun you dont have and it drives you nuts until you buy one ,,,

Hi ! My name is Dave and I am a reloadaholic ,,,
Old April 19, 2009, 10:51 AM   #9
kyle663

when your wife asks where her soup ladle is and change the subject cause its coated with laed now.:0
Old April 19, 2009, 11:11 AM   #10
freakshow10mm

You see a vehicle hit deer and wait around for the cop to show up and kill it so you can snag his brass.
Old April 19, 2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Mike Irwin
Staff

Your cologne is "Eau de 231 Smoke"

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old April 19, 2009, 11:31 AM   #12
Shane Tuttle
Staff

...when you achieve the objective of getting your wife addicted as much as you are and have no shame.

...when you load up two rifle cartridges with 1/10 grain difference and can feel the difference in recoil. That's fine and all until your buddies tag you as the modern day Princesss and the Pea story.

...when you luck out making a three shot clover leaf at 200 yards and think, "Hmmm. Gotta go back to the drawing board and see what I can do to improve".

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old April 19, 2009, 11:31 AM   #13
Dingoboyx

Especially.....

When you watch the Mythbusters episode with the Dillon Mini gun, or the Matrix when Neo is opening up with the gattling gun and there is brass hosing out everywhere (in super slow-mo), your heart starts pounding, your hairs on the back of your neck start standing up and you feel yourself starting to drool (and foam at the mouth) and your wife has to hold you back in the chair coz you want to dive at the screne (also in super slow-mo) to snag the brass

Or when you are watching TV/movie and the BG tells the GG to "drop his gun" He does and you hear it hit the concrete & you start to cry..... then BG says "Kick it over here" and GG does and you hear the sound of a gun sliding across concrete and bitumen :barf: Then the wailing and tantrum becomes quite pitiful..... yes, poor man, you are addicted There is no hope for you

And when you pass out from the shock of it all, thy try to wake you up with smelling salts, beer, Jack Daniels....to no avail.... then someone pulls the pill off a bullet and waves the powder filled brass under your nose and you come to.... and get cranky coz they defiled one of your masterpieces

Last edited by Dingoboyx; April 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added an even funnier bit :-)
Old April 19, 2009, 11:32 AM   #14
DiscoRacing

you stay in the sporting goods dept at wallytown,,, waiting for people to buy ammo... then give them your card so they can call you if they arent going to reload that brass from the ammo they just got
Old April 19, 2009, 07:28 PM   #15
ForneyRider

You buy components for cartridges you have no firearms for, or anyone you know.
Old April 19, 2009, 08:01 PM   #16
landcruzr

You know you are a reloading addict........If you have to keep checking this thread to see if you fit into any of the catagories listed
Old April 19, 2009, 08:06 PM   #17
Dingoboyx

Landcruzr^

I am only checking this thread to see if anyone can come up with a category I HAVEN'T fitted snugley into yet

None yet
Old April 19, 2009, 08:16 PM   #18
Magnum Wheel Man

I just stole 2 bottles of my wifes nail polish... I had to seal some primers for my cowboy gun belt bullets
Old April 19, 2009, 08:59 PM   #19
JayCee

When you've got 5 presses, 3 powder measures, 3 tumblers, 4 powder scales, etc, etc...

“If I owned Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.” - General Phillip H. Sheridan
Old April 19, 2009, 09:29 PM   #20
Shaun_300

"You know you are a reloading addict - when .... you steal the wife's Gladware - because you need extra capacity for brass!"

Guilty as charged...
Old April 19, 2009, 10:46 PM   #21
FrankenMauser

....when you spend more time on the deer hunt scrounging brass, than you did actually hunting deer.... (There weren't any there anyway, right?)

....when the words, "Ooh! Shinies!" instantly grab the attention of everyone in your vehicle, as you pull over to grab some freshly fired brass....

....when everyone in your vehicle understands that the childish words, "Ooh! Shinies!" actually mean you spotted fresh brass....
Old April 19, 2009, 11:06 PM   #22
Archie

...when...

... the news anchor on television talks about the police "...seizing an arsenal with 300 'bullets'..." and you roll your eyes at the use of the word 'bullets' and giggle at the quantity.

... the news anchor on television talks about the "high powered assault rifle" while showing a stock picture or cartoon of an AK47; you laugh and then launch into a lecture of the relative power of the 7.62x39 Russian cartridge.

... someone says something about 'bullets going off by themselves' and you - with great effort - resist the urge to choke them until they learn something.

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/
Old April 19, 2009, 11:08 PM   #23
Sevens

...you talk to your buddy on the phone and he tells you that he did a little shooting on the range a couple days ago. The range is one that you share at his place, 50 miles away. You can't get there until the weekend. He doesn't reload, but he knows you go GOOFY over brass. He tells you it's scattered, ready for you to come get it. Nobody will take it, but it is scattered and out in the weather. Can't get there for at least a week and a half.

Along with children, this too makes the hair go gray.
Old April 20, 2009, 11:22 AM   #24
WESHOOT2

over the top

You (really) know you're a reloading addict when all your components arrive on pallets.......
Old April 20, 2009, 11:41 AM   #25
Dragon55

LMAO this thread is hilarious.........

You always pick the lane against the the right wall so your brass falls neatly behind your right foot.
You show up at the range when they open the doors and you'll be the only one there so no one else will have a chance at your brass.
You eyeball the h*!! out of people when they start gathering brass too near you.... that is to say..... you know like a dog thinks 'If I can see it it's mine'
You go online to order some specific bullets for a specific load you want and cannot find them so you just get 500 of something so you can reload.... something....anything!
You read this forum daily hoping you'll see something you can use or do to improve.
You see a beautiful rainbow and go to the end of it just knowing you'll find a pot of millions of primers.

............ ok I guess that's enough