The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 10, 2024, 11:54 AM   #1
Trooper Joe

Fort Smith PPK comes back in .32 cal

I found this news late last night when I could not sleep. I was just about to get serious about a ss S&W, .32 cal PPK/S a vendor had on Guns International for $949 !! I was also looking at a ss PPK Interarms .32 cal on Gun Broker. This one was to start at $815 but had 9 days before the bidding wars started.

I will have to go to confession about my thoughts about the S&W PPK/S. However, I still would not mind a shot at the Interarms PPK at a more reasonable price.

I already have a Fort Smith ss PPK and PPK/S in .380 which have been flawless.

I will get the first Fort Smith ss .32 cal, PPK and/or PPK/S I get my hands on (probably both). My first of many PPKs was a war time .32 cal in 1965. Carried it off duty as a city LEO. I now, after many years, have a German made .32 cal PPK and PP along with .22 cal PP and TPH as well as two Interarms PPK/S .380s.

Trooper Joe

PS Couldn’t sleep the rest of the night after this great news.
Old May 12, 2024, 10:11 AM   #2
smee78

Congrats, they look really nice.
Old May 18, 2024, 04:54 PM   #3
saltz1979

As soon as I find a new PPK in .32 I will jump on that faster than Bill Clinton on Jennifer Flowers!
Old May 19, 2024, 09:42 AM   #4
Forte S+W

I own two PPK/S pistols, a Walther PPK/S chambered in .22LR and a Smith & Wesson PPK/S chambered in .380 ACP.

If I had the money, then I'd probably round off my collection with a .32, but I don't, and even if I did, there are other firearms I'd be tempted to buy sooner.
Old May 30, 2024, 12:46 AM   #5
IZZY

7.65 X17 is much more fun to shoot than in .380, with Fiocchi or S&B FMJ quite viable for SD. Plus that extra round is nice.
Old May 30, 2024, 09:57 AM   #6
bamaranger

combo

For some reason, a Bowie knife and a PPK don't look "right" paired
Old May 30, 2024, 11:49 AM   #7
wild cat mccane

Funny on Clinton comment.

I guess I'm more Trump when wife was pre and post pregnancy. I don't have a use for the .32.

Cool that they brought back something Walther didn't HAVE to. Love the look of the PPK (not so much the S)

I wish they would come up with new design though.